AutoMapper.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like AutoMapper.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like mighost.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. inFlow Inventory) could share the same AutoMapper.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when AutoMapper.dll is attempted to be loaded either when inFlow Inventory is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common AutoMapper.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - AutoMapper.dll.
- AutoMapper.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files\inFlow Inventory\AutoMapper.dll.
- Cannot register AutoMapper.dll.
- Cannot start inFlow Inventory. A required component is missing: AutoMapper.dll. Please install inFlow Inventory again.
- Failed to load AutoMapper.dll.
- The application has failed to start because AutoMapper.dll was not found.
- The file AutoMapper.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because AutoMapper.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your AutoMapper.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with inFlow Inventory), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, AutoMapper.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading inFlow Inventory, system crash while loading AutoMapper.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.