NLEKey.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like NLEKey.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like MpSigStub.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. Wondershare Filmora) could share the same NLEKey.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when NLEKey.dll is attempted to be loaded either when Wondershare Filmora is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common NLEKey.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - NLEKey.dll.
- NLEKey.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files\Wondershare\Wondershare Filmora\NLEKey.dll.
- Cannot register NLEKey.dll.
- Cannot start Wondershare Filmora. A required component is missing: NLEKey.dll. Please install Wondershare Filmora again.
- Failed to load NLEKey.dll.
- The application has failed to start because NLEKey.dll was not found.
- The file NLEKey.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because NLEKey.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your NLEKey.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with Wondershare Filmora), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, NLEKey.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading Wondershare Filmora, system crash while loading NLEKey.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.