Hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like Setup.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. HP Photosmart Essential) could share the same hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll is attempted to be loaded either when HP Photosmart Essential is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll.
- Hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Data\hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll.
- Cannot register hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll.
- Cannot start HP Photosmart Essential. A required component is missing: hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll. Please install HP Photosmart Essential again.
- Failed to load hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll.
- The application has failed to start because hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll was not found.
- The file hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with HP Photosmart Essential), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading HP Photosmart Essential, system crash while loading hpqd_sdl_d_it.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.