DsRes.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like DsRes.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like MpSigStub.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. 360 Total Security) could share the same DsRes.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when DsRes.dll is attempted to be loaded either when 360 Total Security is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common DsRes.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - DsRes.dll.
- DsRes.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\360\Total Security\i18n\zh-TW\deepscan\DsRes.dll.
- Cannot register DsRes.dll.
- Cannot start 360 Total Security. A required component is missing: DsRes.dll. Please install 360 Total Security again.
- Failed to load DsRes.dll.
- The application has failed to start because DsRes.dll was not found.
- The file DsRes.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because DsRes.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your DsRes.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with 360 Total Security), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, DsRes.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading 360 Total Security, system crash while loading DsRes.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.