ControlzEx.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like ControlzEx.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like MpSigStub.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. Vpn One Click) could share the same ControlzEx.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when ControlzEx.dll is attempted to be loaded either when Vpn One Click is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common ControlzEx.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - ControlzEx.dll.
- ControlzEx.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Kryptotel\VpnOneClick\ControlzEx.dll.
- Cannot register ControlzEx.dll.
- Cannot start Vpn One Click. A required component is missing: ControlzEx.dll. Please install Vpn One Click again.
- Failed to load ControlzEx.dll.
- The application has failed to start because ControlzEx.dll was not found.
- The file ControlzEx.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because ControlzEx.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your ControlzEx.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with Vpn One Click), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, ControlzEx.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading Vpn One Click, system crash while loading ControlzEx.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.