Cisresc.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like cisresc.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like MpSigStub.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. Comodo Antivirus) could share the same cisresc.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when cisresc.dll is attempted to be loaded either when Comodo Antivirus is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common cisresc.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - cisresc.dll.
- Cisresc.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cisresc.dll.
- Cannot register cisresc.dll.
- Cannot start Comodo Antivirus. A required component is missing: cisresc.dll. Please install Comodo Antivirus again.
- Failed to load cisresc.dll.
- The application has failed to start because cisresc.dll was not found.
- The file cisresc.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because cisresc.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your cisresc.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with Comodo Antivirus), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, cisresc.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading Comodo Antivirus, system crash while loading cisresc.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.