Ccev.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like ccev.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like Setup.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. Avira Free Antivirus) could share the same ccev.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when ccev.dll is attempted to be loaded either when Avira Free Antivirus is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common ccev.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - ccev.dll.
- Ccev.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Antivirus\ccev.dll.
- Cannot register ccev.dll.
- Cannot start Avira Free Antivirus. A required component is missing: ccev.dll. Please install Avira Free Antivirus again.
- Failed to load ccev.dll.
- The application has failed to start because ccev.dll was not found.
- The file ccev.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because ccev.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your ccev.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with Avira Free Antivirus), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, ccev.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading Avira Free Antivirus, system crash while loading ccev.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.