RGSS102J.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like RGSS102J.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like Setup.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. RPG Maker XP) could share the same RGSS102J.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when RGSS102J.dll is attempted to be loaded either when RPG Maker XP is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common RGSS102J.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - RGSS102J.dll.
- RGSS102J.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RGSS102J.dll.
- Cannot register RGSS102J.dll.
- Cannot start RPG Maker XP. A required component is missing: RGSS102J.dll. Please install RPG Maker XP again.
- Failed to load RGSS102J.dll.
- The application has failed to start because RGSS102J.dll was not found.
- The file RGSS102J.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because RGSS102J.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your RGSS102J.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with RPG Maker XP), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, RGSS102J.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading RPG Maker XP, system crash while loading RGSS102J.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.