Pskxml.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like pskxml.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like Setup.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. Panda Free Antivirus) could share the same pskxml.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when pskxml.dll is attempted to be loaded either when Panda Free Antivirus is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common pskxml.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - pskxml.dll.
- Pskxml.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\pskxml.dll.
- Cannot register pskxml.dll.
- Cannot start Panda Free Antivirus. A required component is missing: pskxml.dll. Please install Panda Free Antivirus again.
- Failed to load pskxml.dll.
- The application has failed to start because pskxml.dll was not found.
- The file pskxml.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because pskxml.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your pskxml.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with Panda Free Antivirus), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, pskxml.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading Panda Free Antivirus, system crash while loading pskxml.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.