Pippki.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like pippki.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like MpSigStub.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. KompoZer) could share the same pippki.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when pippki.dll is attempted to be loaded either when KompoZer is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common pippki.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - pippki.dll.
- Pippki.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\KompoZer\components\pippki.dll.
- Cannot register pippki.dll.
- Cannot start KompoZer. A required component is missing: pippki.dll. Please install KompoZer again.
- Failed to load pippki.dll.
- The application has failed to start because pippki.dll was not found.
- The file pippki.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because pippki.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your pippki.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with KompoZer), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, pippki.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading KompoZer, system crash while loading pippki.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.