Microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like Setup.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. Cisco VPN Client Fix for Windows 8.1 and 10) could share the same microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll is attempted to be loaded either when Cisco VPN Client Fix for Windows 8.1 and 10 is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll.
- Microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Users\Tester\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\19.222.1110.0006\IRMProtectors\microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll.
- Cannot register microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll.
- Cannot start Cisco VPN Client Fix for Windows 8.1 and 10. A required component is missing: microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll. Please install Cisco VPN Client Fix for Windows 8.1 and 10 again.
- Failed to load microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll.
- The application has failed to start because microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll was not found.
- The file microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with Cisco VPN Client Fix for Windows 8.1 and 10), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading Cisco VPN Client Fix for Windows 8.1 and 10, system crash while loading microsoft.office.irm.pdfprotector.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.