Libx264-148.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like libx264-148.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like MpSigStub.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. FLV Downloader Pro) could share the same libx264-148.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when libx264-148.dll is attempted to be loaded either when FLV Downloader Pro is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common libx264-148.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - libx264-148.dll.
- Libx264-148.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Kotato\FLV Downloader Pro\Modules\libx264-148.dll.
- Cannot register libx264-148.dll.
- Cannot start FLV Downloader Pro. A required component is missing: libx264-148.dll. Please install FLV Downloader Pro again.
- Failed to load libx264-148.dll.
- The application has failed to start because libx264-148.dll was not found.
- The file libx264-148.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because libx264-148.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your libx264-148.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with FLV Downloader Pro), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, libx264-148.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading FLV Downloader Pro, system crash while loading libx264-148.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.