Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like OneDriveSetup.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. Hotspot Shield Elite) could share the same Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll is attempted to be loaded either when Hotspot Shield Elite is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll.
- Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\bin\Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll.
- Cannot register Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll.
- Cannot start Hotspot Shield Elite. A required component is missing: Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll. Please install Hotspot Shield Elite again.
- Failed to load Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll.
- The application has failed to start because Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll was not found.
- The file Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with Hotspot Shield Elite), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading Hotspot Shield Elite, system crash while loading Foundation.Common.NotificationChannel.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.