Brook.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like brook.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like Setup.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. CyberLink Media Suite) could share the same brook.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when brook.dll is attempted to be loaded either when CyberLink Media Suite is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common brook.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - brook.dll.
- Brook.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\MediaShow6\subsys\CES\brook.dll.
- Cannot register brook.dll.
- Cannot start CyberLink Media Suite. A required component is missing: brook.dll. Please install CyberLink Media Suite again.
- Failed to load brook.dll.
- The application has failed to start because brook.dll was not found.
- The file brook.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because brook.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your brook.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with CyberLink Media Suite), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, brook.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading CyberLink Media Suite, system crash while loading brook.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.