AccurateRip.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like AccurateRip.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like MpSigStub.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. Exact Audio Copy) could share the same AccurateRip.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when AccurateRip.dll is attempted to be loaded either when Exact Audio Copy is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common AccurateRip.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - AccurateRip.dll.
- AccurateRip.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\AccurateRip.dll.
- Cannot register AccurateRip.dll.
- Cannot start Exact Audio Copy. A required component is missing: AccurateRip.dll. Please install Exact Audio Copy again.
- Failed to load AccurateRip.dll.
- The application has failed to start because AccurateRip.dll was not found.
- The file AccurateRip.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because AccurateRip.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your AccurateRip.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with Exact Audio Copy), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, AccurateRip.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading Exact Audio Copy, system crash while loading AccurateRip.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.