3DGrid.dll is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like 3DGrid.dll, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like Setup.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. ArcSoft PhotoStudio) could share the same 3DGrid.dll file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DLL file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when 3DGrid.dll is attempted to be loaded either when ArcSoft PhotoStudio is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common 3DGrid.dll errors include:
- Access Violation at address - 3DGrid.dll.
- 3DGrid.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\PhotoStudio 6\Modules\Effect\Category\Create Texture\3D Grid\3DGrid.dll.
- Cannot register 3DGrid.dll.
- Cannot start ArcSoft PhotoStudio. A required component is missing: 3DGrid.dll. Please install ArcSoft PhotoStudio again.
- Failed to load 3DGrid.dll.
- The application has failed to start because 3DGrid.dll was not found.
- The file 3DGrid.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because 3DGrid.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your 3DGrid.dll file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with ArcSoft PhotoStudio), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, 3DGrid.dll file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading ArcSoft PhotoStudio, system crash while loading 3DGrid.dll, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, a malware infection. Thus, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.